You Deserve Wealth

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same.
Custom Search

Rich Single Momma

Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Rich Single Momma's Savings Plan

These days I’m into a lot of different things in my life and around the web. My life is a mish-mash of this and that. At the moment I am sorting a few things out and involved in a couple of cool projects that will encourage and empower single moms.

My finances are doing okay but I see a few areas I can improve on. My biggest hurdle is getting a consistent savings program in place. For so long I’ve lived from paycheck to paycheck that it’s more challenging than I thought to save. I believe in it 100%, but the implementation is proving more difficult than I thought.

I have an ING Direct account that I can set up to automatically pull money from my main account. Again it’s about setting it up again. So I am going to stop the excuses and give it another go.

In the meantime I’ve opened a new bank account. I don’t usually do banks but this one is actually an insurance company that is also a savings bank. It’s different from regular banks because I won’t be nickel and dimed to death. Checking is free and includes free checks for the life of the account, comes with a Mastercard debit card with rewards, online banking, free bill pay and a whole lot more. I can open accounts for my kids for savings and checking, which is a good way to teach them about economic empowerment.

Opening this account is one of the reasons I haven’t started my savings. I’m transferring everything over so it may take a couple of weeks. For sure I will put some money from my current account in and set up my new bank to take over in a couple of weeks.

It’s a start and that’s what counts. For certain, it won’t happen on it’s own so I must be proactive and create the financial destiny I want.

No comments: